FARMINGTON, MI., May 15, 2015. You won’t want to miss the energetic, fun, free Friday night concerts held in Riley Park in Downtown Farmington. Rhythmz in Riley Park boasts a wonderful selection of music, including Rockabilly, Country, Pop and edgy Folk. Concerts are held on Fridays from 7:00pm to 8:30pm June 12 through August 28 and are free to all. No concert is held on July 17 during the Founders Festival. Returning for a second season as series sponsor is St. Mary Mercy Medical Group, operating in Farmington Hills.
Averaging crowds of about 500 each night, it's the perfect way to spend a summer evening. Bring your chairs, blankets and dancing shoes. Also, plan to eat before or after the concert at one of Downtown Farmington’s restaurants, or buy a take-out to enjoy while listening to a great performance.
“This year, I wanted to focus on bands that have an upbeat show to give the audience the opportunity to get up and dance,” said Tom Birchler of Go2Guy Productions, the series producer. “The renovation to Riley Park is beautiful and the paver area is a great place to kick up your heels.”
Join us on Friday nights to see why Riley Park came in third in the Vote 4 Best Outdoor Concert Venue in 2013. This year, the audience experience will improve with the addition of a professional sound company that will provide consistent, first-class audio each week.
The 2015 Friday concert series will feature:
- June 12 – Billy Mack & the Juke Joint Johnnies, Sponsored by Tom Holzer Ford
- June 19 – Motor City Soul, Sponsored by ITC Holdings
- June 26 – Scott Martin Band, Sponsored by M. Mazzoni Jewelers
- July 3 – Bar None, Sponsored by Farmington Insurance Agency
- July 10 – The Paisley Fogg, Sponsored by Thayer-Rock Funeral Home
- July 24 – 2 Dayz Gone, Sponsored by Edward Jones Financial Advisor – Benjamin E. Hogg
- July 31 – The Luddites, Sponsored by Goldfish Swim School
- August 7 – Allie Louise, Sponsored by SMART
- August 14 – Hullabaloo, Sponsored by Goldfish Swim School
- August 21 – Twisted Root Revival, Sponsored by Whole Foods Market
- August 28 – Third Coast Kings, Sponsored by Hewitt’s Music
“I think we have a good blend of returning acts and ones that will be performing at Rhythmz for the first time,” added Birchler.
Thank you to the First United Methodist Church at 33112 Grand River Avenue, across the street from Riley Park, for being the rain location for Rhythmz in Riley Park. No food or drink is allowed in the church.