FARMINGTON, MI., May 18, 2016. You won’t want to miss the energetic, fun, free Friday night concerts held in Riley Park in Downtown Farmington. Rhythmz in Riley Park boasts a wonderful selection of music, including Rock, Country, Americana, Rockabilly and Blues. Concerts are held on Fridays from 7:00pm to 8:30pm June 10 through August 26 and are free to all. No concert is held on July 15 during the Founders Festival. The Series Sponsor is St. Joe’s Medical Group.
Averaging crowds of about 500 each night, it's the perfect way to spend a summer evening. Bring your chairs, blankets and dancing shoes. Also, plan to eat before or after the concert at one of Downtown Farmington’s restaurants, or buy a take-out to enjoy while listening to a great performance.
“I have a great mix of performers and am thrilled to present several new faces to our audience. I always look for acts that have an exciting and energetic show. Most of this year’s lineup play both covers and originals, which makes for a more varied and interesting musical experience.” said Tom Birchler of Go2Guy Productions, the series producer.
The 2016 Friday concert series will feature:
- June 10 – The Paisley Fogg, Sponsored by Farmington Insurance Agency
- June 17 – Scott Martin Band, Sponsored by Goldfish Swim School
- June 24 –,Crazy Chestur, Sponsored by ITC Holdings
- July 1 – Close Enough, Sponsored by Edward Jones – Benjamin E. Hogg
- July 8 – Brother Crowe, Sponsored by SMART
- July 22 – The Secrets, Sponsored by Tom Holzer Ford
- July 29 – Billy Mack & the Juke Joint Johnnies, Sponsored by M. Mazzoni Jewelers
- August 5 – The Luddites, Sponsored by Hewitt’s Music
- August 12 – Surf Zup, Sponsored by Painting with a Twist
- August 19 – The Delta Twins, Sponsored by Thayer-Rock Funeral Home
- August 26 – Allie Louise, Sponsored by Sellers Buick GMC
“Riley Park is a fantastic family friendly venue, one of the finest in the metro area. We are so grateful to our generous sponsors who allow us to present such a high caliber concert series to our patrons for free ” added Birchler.
Thank you to the First United Methodist Church at 33112 Grand River Avenue, across the street from Riley Park, for being the rain location for Rhythmz in Riley Park. No food or drink is allowed in the church. In case of inclement weather, check Facebook for the concert status.