A landmark in Downtown Farmington, Michigan, the Farmington Civic Theater is one of the few old-fashioned movie houses still in operation in southeastern Michigan. Designed by the late C. Howard Crane in Art Moderne style, the theater has an elegant blade marquee and facade, in shades of red and off-white.
Downtown Farmington Civic Theater originally opened in 1940, the Farmington Civic was owned and operated by the Hohler family for 59 years. During the winter of 1989-1990, architect Louis Wiltse converted the balcony into a second auditorium. The theater's old-time charm returned when the City of Farmington took ownership in 1999.
The interior of the theater was fully rebuilt and a new sound system was installed, as well as cushioned love seats equipped with arm rests and drink holders.
Today you will find popular movies being shown, at bargain admission prices.
The Civic Theater is available for conferences and meetings with a projection system allowing for graphic support using Microsoft Power Point
Locate the Farmington Civic Theater
Farmington Civic Theater
33332 Grand River Avenue
Farmington, Michigan 48336
23600 Liberty Street
Farmington, Michigan 48335